Commercial Auto Insurance Seattle

Commercial Auto Insurance SeattleCommercial auto insurance can cover a combination of vehicle types (trucks, cars) and drivers, as well as some types of motorized equipment. It provides for bodily injury liability and property damage while operating a company automobile, and medical payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) for the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car.

Hired/Non-owned Auto Liability

Are you renting cars or are your employees using their own vehicles? This particular coverage provides business insurance coverage for certain liabilities arising from the use of a rented or leased vehicle (hired), or a non-owned vehicle (employee using their own vehicle on company business). Oftentimes this coverage can be added inexpensively to a business auto policy, or in some cases, a general liability policy.

Use of Personal Vehicles

Insurance policies for privately owned vehicles may not cover damage to your privately owned car or truck when it is used for business, even when it’s a business such as selling cosmetics, jewelry, or pizza delivery.

Every business is unique – talk to Secord Insurance today to find out how to get the best business auto insurance, service, price and value.

Frequently Asked Questions about Commercial Auto Insurance

What types of vehicles require commercial auto insurance?

Commercial auto insurance can be obtained on any type of car from a normal private passenger sedan to a full-size one-ton pickup truck or an 18-wheeler. Commercial auto insurance is sometimes determined by vehicle type and other times by usage.

How much commercial auto insurance coverage do I need?

How much commercial auto insurance you need simply depends on your situation. Talk to a licensed agent to determine the level of coverage and options you need for your commercial auto.

Can my commercial auto policy cover personal usage?

It is impossible to answer this question without more information. It depends on if the vehicle used is a company owned vehicle, a personal vehicle being used for commercial purposes, or who is driving the vehicle. It is possible you may need another endorsement referred to as a non-owned vehicle endorsement.